It's so critical!


Saturday 15 February 2014

Boccacino's - Montreal, Quebec

RETURN? Yes

Okay, rant time. Normally, Boccacino's is alright. It's that same type of chain that provides typical North-American-take-on-Italian fare for lunch and dinner, with seriously KILLER breakfasts. Seriously, I love their breakfasts. The price is right and the quality is spot-on. If you're feeling nasty, order the Bocca Skillet OMG.

But dang gurl. I went the other day to have lunch with friends and I wanted a light salad, but I also wanted to have some of my weakness AKA fried chicken. So I opted for the best of both worlds and ordered the Asian slaw with panko-breaded chicken breast on top.

What a mess. First of all, the chicken was either pounded so thin or so overcooked that it was flaking at the touch of my fork. I had to resort to scooping it up like a spoon. What the frig?! Why?! It was so weird!

But more important, the "slaw" was nothing more than a few slivers of red cabbage and a boatload of minced green onion! What an outrage. The flavour was so raw I couldn't even eat it. I have provided a photo for your viewing pleasure (or disgust). Please never ever ever order this unless you love raw spring onion. But honestly, who does this these days? No one, that's who.



ADDRESS: 1251 Avenue McGill College, Montreal, QC, H3B 2Y4

No comments:

Post a Comment